- The police can arrest you for domestic violence, even if they did not see the alleged crime in action.
- If a weapon was present, you could face more serious felony charges.
- You could be looking at supervised probation or jail time, and you will need to pay for and complete a treatment program.
- If you've been convicted of domestic violence in the past, your punishment for any future offenses could increase exponentially.
- If the victim was pregnant, your sentence could be increased.
- You may be ordered to stay away from the victim, your children, or your shared home.
Do you see now how quickly these kinds of cases can get out of hand? If you have been arrested for domestic violence in Arizona, contact one of our experienced Phoenix criminal defense lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292. We look forward to answering your questions and addressing your concerns. If you'd like to learn more about your rights and how we can help, request your free copy of our book, Arizona Criminal Law - What You Must Know.