When you plead guilty to a criminal traffic violation, you are essentially admitting that you committed the infraction that you were cited for.
Potential penalties concerning your guilty plea
If you plead guilty, you can expect penalties that may include:
- Points on your driving record
- A monetary fine
- Possible suspension or restriction of your driving privileges
- Community service
- Possible jail time
- Required education classes ordered by the court
In the event that you receive a fine
If you are fined for your infraction, you must be prepared to pay your fine on the date of your hearing. Failure to do so could result in an additional fee. You can pay your fine:
- At the court via cash, check or credit card
- Through the Internet at www.westernunion.com/corrections
- By calling Western Union at (800) 634-3422
- By visiting any Western Union location
Whether you are considering pleading guilty, not guilty, or no contest to a criminal traffic violation, you can learn more by ordering our free book, Arizona Criminal Law - What You Must Know.
If you have been cited for a criminal traffic violation, contact one of our Arizona criminal defense attorneys at the law firm of Curry, Pearson & Wooten, PLC by calling 602-258-1000 or toll free at 1-888-9AZLAWCOM (888-929-5292).