A quick look at the numbers
According to the Pew Research Center, more and more fathers are living apart from their children:
- In 1960, approximately 11% of children did not live with their fathers
- That number rose to 27% in 2010
Does race have anything to do with it?
A Pew Research Center analysis of the National Survey of Family Growth found a strong correlation between race/ethnicity and living arrangements between fathers and their children. Nearly:
- 44% of black fathers live apart from their children
- 35% of Hispanic fathers live apart from their children
- 21% of white fathers live apart from their children
At-home fathers are more involved
Research also suggests that fathers who live with their children are more active in their child's day-to-day lives, helping more with activities such as:
- Meal preparation
There is a lot more information available to you if you are facing a divorce. Contact us today to order our free book, Arizona Family Law - How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times.
If you are facing a divorce, especially with children involved, contact one of our experienced Arizona family law attorneys at the law firm of Curry, Pearson & Wooten, PLC by calling 602-258-1000 or toll free at 1-888-9AZLAWCOM (888-929-5292).