If you are convicted of a DUI in Arizona, our mandatory sentencing laws mean that you will serve jail time – even if this is the first time you have been charged with drunk driving. Judges are not given the leeway to change these minimum sentences, and the penalties only get stiffer, depending on your blood alcohol content (BAC) and previous convictions. Take a look at the following:
- BAC Below .15: Minimum of 24 hours in jail
- BAC Between .15 and .20: Minimum of 30 days in jail
- BAC Above .20: Minimum of 45 days in jail
- BAC Less than .15: Minimum of 30 days in jail
- BAC Between.15 and .20: 120 days in jail
- BAC Over .20: 180 days in jail
As Tempe DUI lawyers, we can help you figure out the best plan of action after you have been pulled over for drunk driving in Maricopa County. Whether you are an Arizona resident or from out of state, a skilled Arizona criminal defense lawyer can explain your rights and options and fight to get you the best possible outcome. Give us a call today at 1-888-929-5292 to schedule a completely free, no-obligation legal consultation, and also request a FREE copy of our book, DUI's in Arizona - What You Must Know.