Arizona Divorce: Modifying Your Child Support Payment

Many Arizonans have faced the tough challenges of an Arizona divorce. These tough economic times have left many divorcees facing the increasing hurdles of paying their child support payments.

You might be able to modify your child support payment
If you are having a tough time affording your child support payment, you may have some options available to you. You might be able to ask the court to modify your child support payment amount if you can prove:

• You have had a change in circumstances that are substantial and regular. This is referred to as a Standard Modification.
• The new amount is at least 15 percent higher or lower than the existing amount. This is referred to as a Simplified Modification.

Steps to modify your child support amount
There are many actions you can take to modify your child support amount, such as:

• Speak with an experienced Arizona family law attorney
• Speak to the court yourself
• Speak with the Division of Child Support Enforcement

Order your free book
Going through a child support payment modification can be tough. Contact us today to order your copy of our free book, Arizona Family Law - How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times.

If you are considering modifying your child support payments, contact one of our experienced Arizona family law attorneys at the law firm of Curry, Pearson & Wooten, PLC by calling 602-258-1000 or toll free at 1-888-9AZLAWCOM (888-929-5292).

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment