As Scottsdale family law attorneys, we are frequently asked about spousal support and maintenance in Arizona and how it is awarded. When deciding spousal support in Glendale, the Court will consider many factors, including:
- The age of both you and your spouse
- Your spouse’s general earning capacity as compared to your earning capacity
- Your spouse’s ability to support his or herself or find employment
- Your ability to pay support to your spouse while supporting yourself
- How long it will take your spouse to get the training required to find a job
- Any financial resources your spouse may have
- Any medical or emotional conditions that impact either spouse
- If your spouse destroyed or concealed property, lied about any property, or made excessive purchases with joint accounts
- How your spouse was employed during the marriage
Essentially, the court will attempt to award spousal support based on the ability of both you and your spouse to support yourselves during and after the divorce.
If you have questions about divorce in Glendale, speak with one of our experienced Glendale divorce lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292 for more information. We have the skills and experience to expertly guide you to the best possible outcome in your Glendale divorce case.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are and what we do, we also recommend you request your copy of our must-read book Arizona Family Law – How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times, which we would be happy to send you free of charge.