It's sometimes easy to forget that Arizona probation is serious. Even though you are not physically imprisoned, you still have certain terms you must adhere to in order to complete probation successfully. If you have been put on probation after a criminal conviction in Arizona, keep in mind that violating any of the terms of your probation or failing to attend required meetings or treatment programs can mean that you will go immediately to jail. As Arizona criminal defense attorneys, we'd like to offer a few tips for making it through probation successfully and regaining your freedom:
- Don't commit another crime.
- Do not use alcohol or drugs.
- Attend all required meetings and hearings.
- Do not leave the state or move to a new address without talking to your probation officer first.
- Complete all ordered counseling, treatment programs, and community service.
- Communicate with your probation officer if you are having trouble paying your treatment bills or fines.
- Understand and adhere to employment requirements.
Ultimately, you must make sure you understand and follow the terms of your probation agreement to avoid further penalties. If you have any questions about your conviction or probation, speak with one of our qualified Tempe criminal lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292, or use the confidential contact form on this page.