After a Scottsdale divorce, will I be able to go back to using my maiden name?

After an Arizona divorce, many women choose to change their names back to the ones they used before they got married. This is a common thing to do, and you generally won't encounter any problems when doing it.

In fact, the Arizona Revised Statutes, section 25-325, specifically explains that:
On request by a party at any time before the signing of the decree of dissolution or annulment by the court, the court shall order that the party's requested former name be restored.

So, if you'd like to go back to legally using your maiden name, you will need to submit a request to the court. You can do this at any time before the divorce is final. Most people choose to do this early on in the Scottsdale divorce process, usually along with the very first papers submitted to the court.

If you have any questions, big or small, about divorce in Arizona, contact one of our friendly and experienced Scottsdale divorce lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292. To learn more about us and what we do, you can request a completely FREE copy of our book, Arizona Family Law - How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times.