Are there any special counseling requirements?

Prior to dissolution: either spouse may ask the court to order mediation for the purpose of a reconciliation to save the marriage or to obtain an amicable settlement and avoid further litigation. After dissolution of marriage has been filed: either spouse may request that the dissolution of marriage proceedings be transferred to the Conciliation Court for mediation. In addition, if one spouse denies that the marriage is irretrievably broken, the court may delay the case for up to 60 days and order the spouses to attend a conciliation conference.