Figuring out child support and spousal support is often the most trying part of divorce proceedings, and that difficulty is often magnified when it comes to high-profile celebrities and their children. A recent child support battle involving the child of Linda Evangelista and Francois-Henri Pinault has put the spotlight on the sometimes extreme child support and alimony payments in high-profile divorces. Although no details about the settlement between Pinault and Evangelista have been released, Evangelista stated that she was spending $46,000 each month on their son. That amount included expenses for a nanny and bodyguards.
How much do other celebrities end up paying? Here are some other high-profile child support and spousal support orders:
- Sean “Diddy” Combs pays $19,000 per month in child support to Misa Hylton-Brim.
- Britney Spears was ordered to pay $20,000 each month in child support to Kevin Federline.
- Rapper Nas was ordered to pay $51,000 each month to ex-wife Kelis for care of their son.
- Martin Brodeur, goalie with the New Jersey Devils, was ordered to pay $500,000 in alimony and $132,000 in child support annually to his ex-wife, which works out to about $53,000 per month.
- Charlie Sheen was ordered to pay $55,000 in child support in his divorce settlement with Brooke Mueller for their twins.
Even if you’re not a celebrity, divorce proceedings can be frustrating, complicated, and financially taxing. If you are going through a divorce in Arizona and have questions about child support, spousal support, or other concerns, speak with an experienced and knowledgeable Phoenix divorce lawyer for help at 1-888-929-5292 today.