An Arizona simple assault charge, or misdemeanor assault, can result when you:
- Put someone else in fear of bodily harm
- Touch another person with the intent to cause physical injury
- Cause physical injury to another person
Penalties of simple assault charges
If you are convicted of a simple assault charge, you could be:
- Sentenced up to 12 months in prison
- Fined up to $2,500
Aggravated assault charges are more serious and result when:
- You cause serious physical injury
- Your crime was committed with a deadly weapon
- You cause temporary but significant disfigurement or fracture to another person
- The assault occurred after you entered someone's private residence
- The victim is a police officer, firefighter, teacher, medical professional, or prison guard
Aggravated assault is considered a class 3 felony and can result in a long prison sentence. If you have been charged with a simple or aggravated assault charge, contact us today to order a copy of our free book, Arizona Criminal Law - What You Must Know.
Also, contact one of our Phoenix criminal lawyers at the law firm of Curry, Pearson & Wooten, PLC by calling 602-258-1000 or toll free at 1-888-9AZLAWCOM (888-929-5292).