Have you ever been pulled over in a traffic stop and asked to perform sobriety tests even though you hadn't had a drop to drink? Officers rely on a lot of subjective information to find drunk drivers, and one of the main things they watch for is driving behavior. Here are some examples of suspicious driving behavior that may indicate someone driving under the influence in Arizona:
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Driving on the center line
- Driving well below the speed limit
- Hitting or nearly hitting another vehicle or object
- Drifting into the shoulder or median
- Following too closely
- Running red lights or stopping at green lights
In fact, just about any out-of-the-ordinary or erratic driving behavior could cause an officer to pull you over for a potential DUI.
If you need help after a Tempe DUI arrest, speak with one of our experienced Tempe DUI lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292. We can help you protect your rights and reduce your penalties after being arrested for drunk driving in Arizona. We also offer our helpful book, DUI’s in Arizona - What You Must Know, to Arizona residents. Request your free copy today!