Unpaid Child Support Payments? You can collect

Once the court establishes child it is not, unfortunately, uncommon for the parent who owes the obligation to either get behind in payments or not remit any payments.  If that is your situation, you can file an enforcement action with the Court to force that parent pay.  

Child support statutes provide the Court additional tools to make sure that child support are consistently paid to the receiving parent.  Those tools are, but not limited to:

  • Issuance of judgment(s)
  • Potential jail time
  • Review Hearings
  • Liens on personal and real property
  • Liens on motor vehicles
  • The suspension of licenses including drivers, professional and recreational licenses
  • The interception of both state and federal tax refunds
  • Passport denial
  • Credit bureau reporting

Which option is best for your specific case depends on the facts and circumstances of your case.  Call us today to receive more information and to order our free book, Arizona Family Law: The Essential Arizona Divorce Guide

If you are facing a child support matter you should contact our experienced family law attorney calling 602-258-1000 or toll free at 1-888-9AZLAWCOM (888-929-5292).

Right information in favor of child protection. I like the steps which you have shared with all of us. Thanks for sharing this kind of content with all of us.
by Oakland divorce lawyer June 13, 2011 at 05:39 AM
Post a Comment