In general, you may request a modification to your child support payments if there has been a “substantial and continuing” change in your financial situation. If you are specifically pursuing modification of your child support orders through the DCSE, you may request a review if:
- There has been a change in custody or a significant change in parenting time.
- One of the spouses has suffered a disability.
- It has been more than three years since your child support orders were reviewed.
- One of the parents has been jailed or released from jail.
- There has been a change in expenses related to the child, such as medical costs.
- Either of the parents has experienced a substantial change in income, including losing or changing jobs.
- The child is now emancipated.
- There have been changes in health insurance coverage or a medical support order.
For more answers about child support modification in Chandler, contact an experienced Chandler family law attorney today at 1-888-929-5292 to talk about your specific case. We’d also like you to have a completely FREE copy of our helpful book Arizona Family Law – How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times, which we would be happy to send to you upon request.