If you have had a change in circumstances, whether you are a custodial parent or a non-custodial parent, you may be able to modify child support orders in Arizona to better fit your new financial situation. There are a few ways to go about this, including through the courts and through the Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE). How you go about this will depend on the specific details of your case, and you should consult an experienced Chandler divorce lawyer for advice.

In general, you may request a modification to your child support payments if there has been a “substantial and continuing” change in your financial situation. If you are specifically pursuing modification of your child support orders through the DCSE, you may request a review if:

  • There has been a change in custody or a significant change in parenting time.
  • One of the spouses has suffered a disability.
  • It has been more than three years since your child support orders were reviewed.
  • One of the parents has been jailed or released from jail.
  • There has been a change in expenses related to the child, such as medical costs.
  • Either of the parents has experienced a substantial change in income, including losing or changing jobs.
  • The child is now emancipated.
  • There have been changes in health insurance coverage or a medical support order.

For more answers about child support modification in Chandler, contact an experienced Chandler family law attorney today at 1-888-929-5292 to talk about your specific case. We’d also like you to have a completely FREE copy of our helpful book Arizona Family Law – How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times, which we would be happy to send to you upon request.
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment