How can I prepare my kids for an Arizona custody battle?
Although new research shows that staying together for the children is not always best, a nasty Arizona custody battle can still affect children negatively if it is handled poorly. As a parent, it can be very difficult to keep yourself together and ease your children through a process that is already painful for you. As Arizona family law attorneys, we want you to be prepared for the challenges that custody proceedings can bring.
Divorce can bring out the worst in parents, and in some cases children experience the following:
- Losing contact with one of the parents;
- Losing participation by one of the parents;
- Overhearing parents speaking badly about each other;
- Interviews with police, lawyers, counselors, etc.;
- Moving to a new neighborhood or school;
- Financial issues creating problems.
While some of these events are out of your control, anticipating the challenges ahead and being prepared can make a big difference for you and your kids. Seeking the advice of an experienced Phoenix divorce lawyer can make your Arizona custody battle go more quickly and smoothly. Give us a call today at 1-888-929-5292 to schedule a free consultation so that we can talk about your unique case. We look forward to helping you.