How Does a Tempe Domestic Violence Charge Get So Complicated?
As Phoenix criminal defense attorneys, it’s a question we often hear: “how did this get so complicated?!” Most domestic violence accusations come with complex emotional, legal, and practical concerns. For those who have been arrested for domestic assault or domestic violence, the legal situation can become even more serious than a non-domestic violence offense and comes with harsh punishments:
- The police can arrest you for domestic violence, even if they did not see the alleged crime in action.
- If a weapon was present, you could face more serious felony charges.
- You could be looking at supervised probation or jail time, and you will need to pay for and complete a treatment program.
- If you’ve been convicted of domestic violence in the past, your punishment for any future offenses could increase exponentially.
- If the victim was pregnant, your sentence could be increased.
- You may be ordered to stay away from the victim, your children, or your shared home.
Do you see now how quickly these kinds of cases can get out of hand? If you have been arrested for domestic violence in Arizona, contact one of our experienced Phoenix criminal defense lawyers today at 1-888-929-5292. We look forward to answering your questions and addressing your concerns. If you’d like to learn more about your rights and how we can help, request your free copy of our book, Arizona Criminal Law – What You Must Know.
What Should I Do If I’m Incarcerated and Owe Child Support?
A parent with a child support order must pay the amount decreed. If they cannot, for example, if they are in jail, the obligation to pay child support does...
Can I Get My Civil Rights Restored in Arizona If I am a First-Time Felony Offender?
Arizona laws are stricter than most states when it comes to the civil rights of a felony offender. When someone is convicted of a felony, they lose their...