Scottsdale Family Law Attorney | Finding the Right Divorce Lawyer
Once you’ve decided on a divorce in Arizona and you’ve started getting down to researching the process, the “nuts and bolts” and complexities of a divorce can seem overwhelming. What will happen with the kids? What about the house? Do I need a Scottsdale divorce attorney? Is mediation a better idea?
We highly recommend that you at least speak with a Scottsdale divorce lawyer, but we understand how difficult it is to find the right lawyer for you and your case. Here are a few tips for when you start looking through the phonebook:
- Take your time. There are a lot of emotions wrapped up in divorce, and you shouldn’t feel pressured to take a step you’re not ready to take. If possible, make an agreement with your spouse that you’ll keep the lines of communication open and allow reasonable time to respond to any changes.
- Learn more about divorce law. Take a look around our site to get an idea of how Arizona law works and what you can expect during your Scottsdale divorce.
- Make a list. Think about what you want from an attorney. Do you want someone who is more compassionate or more aggressive? Do you have any special circumstances in your case? Write down what you come up with and consult your list when speaking with potential Arizona divorce attorneys.
- Ask your family and friends. One of the best ways to find a great lawyer is by asking family or friends who have already gone through a divorce in Scottsdale. Even hearing about their bad experiences can help you better formulate what you need, and if they had a good experience, then you have a potential lead.
- Interview several Arizona divorce lawyers. When you’ve started to narrow down your search, spend a little time talking with each lawyer. Meeting in person will give you a chance to see if you feel comfortable with the attorney, and give you an idea of what you’re looking for in your specific area.
The Scottsdale divorce lawyers with Curry, Pearson & Wooten offer a completely free and confidential consultation. We believe that every single one of our clients deserves to be treated with great care and respect, and we will use our experience, skills, and knowledge to help you and your family during this difficult time. Give us a call at 1-888-929-5292 today, and also pick up a FREE copy of our book, Arizona Family Law – How to Handle Tough Issues in Tough Times.