Tempe DUI Lawyers on College Student Drinking and Driving
It shouldn’t be news to anyone that college students drink. Studies have shown that 56% of college students are binge drinkers and 70% drink at least once each month. Unfortunately, many students also get behind the wheel when they’ve been drinking, even though a Tempe DUI could have a big impact on their futures. If you’ve just arrived at Arizona State University for the semester, consider this before drinking and driving in Tempe:
- You could be expected to pay fines or attend mandatory educational programs.
- You could be convicted of an underage DUI in Tempe even if your blood alcohol level is below the legal limit.
- At many universities, including ASU, you could be expelled or subject to academic disciplinary action for a Tempe DUI offense.
- Your license could be suspended before you ever have a hearing, depending on the results of your blood test. That’s an entire semester without a car.
- An ignition lock device could be ordered for your car.
- Arizona drunk driving laws are very strict, and a conviction means mandatory jail time, regardless of whether the Tempe drunk driving offense was deemed a misdemeanor or felony.
- A second Arizona DUI offense is punished very harshly, especially when accompanied by other crimes, such as drug possession.
- A felony DUI charge can seriously restrict your employment opportunities, regardless of your education, qualification, and training.
If you’ve been arrested for a DUI in Tempe, contact a Tempe DUI lawyer as soon as possible at 1-888-929-5292 to look at your rights and options in a completely FREE legal consultation. Hiring a qualified Arizona drunk driving lawyer to handle your case can help you obtain a more favorable result in court after a Tempe drunk driving arrest. You may also want to request a FREE copy of our book, DUI’s in Arizona – What You Must Know.