What Can I Expect from the Arizona Drug Court Program?
If you’ve been convicted of a drug offense in Tempe, then the Arizona Drug Court Program can be a good option for you during probation if you qualify. The program was created to help drug offenders stay clean, and that means addressing education, treatment, and support needs surrounding the complex issue of addiction. The program in Arizona is based on the 10 key components developed by the National Association of Drug Court Professionals, which includes both administrative strategies for the program itself and strategies that directly affect the participant, such as:
- Integrating drug and/or alcohol treatment programs
- Promoting safety while protecting your rights in a non-adversarial environment
- Early identification and placement of drug offenders who qualify
- Access to treatment and rehabilitation resources
- Drug and alcohol testing to promote a drug-free lifestyle
- Ongoing interaction between you and the courts
- Evaluation monitors your progress and the effectiveness of your contract
If you have been convicted of a drug offense in Arizona and have questions about the Maricopa County Drug Court Program, then it would be a good idea to talk with a qualified Tempe criminal lawyer about your specific situation and how to proceed. Give us a call today at 1-888-929-5292 for a FREE legal consultation, and take a moment to request our FREE book, Arizona Criminal Law – What You Must Know.
What Should I Do If I’m Incarcerated and Owe Child Support?
A parent with a child support order must pay the amount decreed. If they cannot, for example, if they are in jail, the obligation to pay child support does...
Can I Get My Civil Rights Restored in Arizona If I am a First-Time Felony Offender?
Arizona laws are stricter than most states when it comes to the civil rights of a felony offender. When someone is convicted of a felony, they lose their...