What Do Arizona Parent Education Classes Cover?
Most parents of minor children in Arizona will be required to attend a parent education class before any request is granted in their Scottsdale divorce, paternity, separation, or child custody proceedings. There is a common misconception that parent education classes in Arizona teach basic parenting skills, but that’s not accurate. These classes focus specifically on parenting during a divorce or other family restructuring, how it might affect your children, and how to deal with it.
Classes may vary somewhat depending on the county in which you attend, but in general, you can expect to learn more about:
- Helping your child adjust to a Scottsdale divorce
- The emotional effects of divorce or separation on both parents and children
- How parental conflict or domestic violence affects children and how to reduce conflict
- Avoiding major problems and dealing with issues that arise
- Parenting plans
- Arizona family law procedures and available resources
- Behaviors that are harmful and behaviors that are helpful
- Communicating with the other parent and developing co-parenting skills
- Recognizing the signs that your child is having serious problems
- The emotional and financial responsibility of both parents
If you have any questions about Scottsdale child custody or other Arizona divorce questions, contact a friendly and experienced Phoenix family law attorney today at 1-888-929-5292.