Fountain Hills DUI Lawyer Explains Post-Stop Signs of Drunk Driving
As a Fountain Hills DUI lawyer, I can tell you for certain that law enforcement officers usually spend some time observing your driving behaviors before pulling you over for a DUI. But did you realize that the observation doesn’t stop once you’ve pulled over? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has researched common signs of drunk driving, and those signs include behaviors you may exhibit after you have been stopped.
Once you have pulled over, the law enforcement officer will still be watching for any sign that you:
- Smell like alcohol
- Are having trouble working your car’s controls
- Are unable to keep your balance or seem to be swaying or unsteady on your feet
- Seem to fumble or have trouble getting out your license and registration
- Have trouble getting out of your vehicle
- Lean on objects instead of standing normally
- Are slurring your words
- Are slow to respond or are repeating the officer’s questions
- Change your answers to the officer’s questions or give inaccurate information
Many of the cues officers use to decide whether or not you are intoxicated can also be signs of another issue, like a medical condition. If you have been arrested for a DUI in Fountain Hills, let an expert Fountain Hills DUI lawyer defend your rights and explain your options. Give us a call today at 1-888-929-5292, or use our convenient online contact form.