Fountain Hills DUI Lawyer Explains the Signs of Drunk Driving
Ever wonder why you were pulled over for a DUI in Fountain Hills? The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has a guide to common signs that a driver is intoxicated, which is used by law enforcement on patrol. The list of DUI detection signs is based on extensive research by the NHTSA and is used in officer training.
What Are the Signs that a Driver Is Over the Legal Limit?
As a Fountain Hills DUI lawyer, I know there are many reasons a driver may exhibit these behaviors on the road. However, the NHTSA lists these signs as a good indicator that a driver is intoxicated and should be pulled over for a DUI stop:
- Driving 10 mph or more below the speed limit
- Driving in the wrong lane
- Stopping on the road without obvious reason
- Not responding to signals from law enforcement
- Problems coming to a stop
- Failing to have headlights on at night
- Delayed response to stop lights and traffic signals
- Not using turn signals properly
- Driving in the median or otherwise off the roadway
- Illegal turns
- Wide turns
- Tailgating or following another car too closely
- Unsafe lane changes
- Speed that varies or changes without an obvious reason
- Riding on the center line
- Swerving, weaving, or drifting into other lanes
- Nearly colliding with a car or other object
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Arrested for a DUI in Fountain Hills?
If you were pulled over for a DUI and have now been arrested, the decisions you make now can impact your life for years to come. Don’t let a DUI conviction interfere with your plans for the future. Speak with an expert Fountain Hills DUI lawyer today at 1-888-929-5292 for a completely free legal consultation. Our experts will explain your rights and options and work with you toward the best possible outcome in your case.
What Should I Do If I’m Incarcerated and Owe Child Support?
A parent with a child support order must pay the amount decreed. If they cannot, for example, if they are in jail, the obligation to pay child support does...
Can I Get My Civil Rights Restored in Arizona If I am a First-Time Felony Offender?
Arizona laws are stricter than most states when it comes to the civil rights of a felony offender. When someone is convicted of a felony, they lose their...